Saturday, March 3, 2012

DAY 5alicious ends

all we ever have is the moment we presently live in and all the collected artifacts that led to this day...in the museum of our mind we house this enormous collection of experiences and knowledge and hopefully we have gleaned wisdom as well...

this lifetime i feel like i am just beginning to understand my own wisdom...and this wisdom comes not from what i have done to attain it but from what others have taught me...

reverend martin luther king taught me to care about others as my brothers and sisters...my 12th grade english teacher taught me it was ok to be in love with words...a tree taught me to feel a hug...my brother brian taught me to endure...my brother kevin taught me the depth of my love for someone is to be patient and wait for the day i could know them again...my first partner taught me love never dies but simply transforms and lives on...fender taught me everyone has a gift to add under the tree...my greatgranny taught me to plant seeds...a fish floating on its side in the pond taught a 4 year old me what death is...and on and on others have offered me lessons and wisdom...even this week i was given a great lesson in understanding...in acceptance...

how beautiful we human beings are...how fragile and vulnerable and tender our hearts...how sad that along the way we get wounded so deeply or twist away from our true nature...how amazing faith is and how far it can carry a person til they find the grace to understand and thrive in this state of loving compassion i find myself in right now...how inspiring the human path is...how humble to feel your own soul...how blessed i am in so many ways...

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment