Friday, March 16, 2012

DAY 18

i am not going to have a focus for today but simply let signs and messages and conscious awareness come to me...i have awakened each morning for the last 3 days thinking about gampo abbey in cape breton and how much i have always wanted to go there...cape breton is an island above nova scotia...it is rugged and beautiful and a place you can just breath and relax like no other...the quiet there is so wonderful and the ocean is so...full...whales and fish and seals...the sky lifts up over the water and land in a long stretch and the stars are so bright at night it makes you dizzy to see them...they literally dance as you watch their intense twinkling...

this time of year my wander/wonder lust kicks in and it is usually saying go to maine...go to nova scotia...walking in the woods in maine is like walking through the gates of heaven for me...the stillness and the heavy moss...the pines...coming out to the ocean along a cliff...the fog rolling in....the lap of the waves against rocks...the lone eagle gliding through the currents of air...a bouy dinging...the touch of cold air against my skin...i am all the way alive in that place...

yep today i have got it bad...but i go through my days with less time to be in nature and am feeling it...even a small walk through the woods a couple of days ago got my itch itching more to hit the road and climb into a woods...i heard the peepers for the first time this year then...it was thrilling!...even
cape cod and the cedar swamp is whispering my name today...

the first day of spring is next week...i have a whole day to take off and so i am going into the woods that day and give myself a big dose of tree hugging and drumming...a time to breath...a time to be peaceful and slow...i cant wait...i need to go out and hug a tree NOW...lol...

i was talking with a friend yesterday about my apartment...how it feels simply like a place i am...a place to put stuff...nice but artificial...i know i need to bring more nature in...it came to me land and nature are my true home...i feel the most like myself...i feel more open...less guarded...safe...yes even with wild animals...i fit there...and i am young!...i feel young and full of wonder...each step brings something exciting to see...the silence calms me...the sounds of nature make me curious...i simply love it...with all my being...and walking in the woods with a friend adds to the wonder...the conversations weaving through the air...human beings becoming their true selves beneath the canopy of trees...there is no way you can not open your heart surrounded by such energy...it heals...it helps you connect...it is a place you find peace and happiness...you ask me what helps heal...i say a walk in the woods...

so today already i feel a strong flow of peace and love...i feel happy...i hope for you happiness and peace...and so much love...big hug to all...and big love!

cedar swamp at the cape

No comments:

Post a Comment