Monday, February 13, 2012

loving words to myself

my sheets are cold...my heart is warm...a basket of shells sit on the coffee table reminding me of all those beach days gone by...the fridge hums...the traffic slides by...the night pours down...the stars open their eyes...i sigh to myself at the kind memories i have stacked up...like a tidy pile of valentines bundled with a bit of string...and all this evening as the dark grows wider...i hold myself and gently become the light...i am the light that wades across the hours...i am the warrior of light who fights for love...there is no defeat...there is no conquering anyone...there is only the victory of a loving heart...i untie the bundle of memories and look at each one...let the string fall to the floor...throw the memories into the air...fly away all of you love stories i have lived...fly to the moon and shine brightly there...but i will keep this one story though...it was the first my heart ever knew of love...i will keep that story and feel the pureness of it tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment