Monday, February 27, 2012

be in peace...


i sit there tonight...by a lake...at the dawning of a day last summer...the distant splash of a lone swimmer...the call of a loon...the humming sound of a dragonfly hurrying past me...i remember that moment...yet today i couldnt remember to do simple things...so i remember that perfect moment and let it comfort me...

the sky...the sky was so wide and deep there...the lake like a mirror i saw my soul reflected in...i was held in nature like a mother holds a small child...nestled in the crook of an arm...i was held and felt safe and loved...i sat on the rock and held my hand to my heart as i did tonight...i held my hand there and felt the beating of my heart...the soft constant drumming...

i may be surrounded by walls tonight but they are not real...the realness is the rock and the lake and the sky that is still out there...and i am there...on the cold rock...the wind howling through the pines...my hair tossed wildly...the sky roaring with starlight...a shard of moon shining brightly...my heartbeat pounding loudly...

and the trees speak to me...tell me to be strong...to be myself...to let go...no attachments...no selfish ways...no fears...no desire...let go...palms up...heart open...be kind...take nothing...ask for nothing...keep the time left simple...right actions...compassion...relax my mind...slowly be...quietly be...gently breath...love...be in peace...


No comments:

Post a Comment