Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Selkie's Offerings


when i slipped free of my selkie skin and walked away from the beach

a glistening wave lifts its body up--caressing a mound of sand close to you...rain whispers down to soothe and offer blessings...wind dances over every inch of your body...offshore i watch you in your most vulnerable moment...you look to the sky...your eyes closed...lips part softly...i see you trying to stand strong against your sorrow...i hear your prayers and tender sobs...i see you unsettled...a tight fit in your body....

i see you...i know you...i am of your clan...a restless shapeshifter recognizes another of her kind...your skin has been stolen...i heard your prayers...i understand...your agony fills my lungs with cries of sorrow for you...i can take no more...to see you suffer is to suffer too...i release myself from what i was...i give myself to you...i give up my ways...i will walk on land now...
 
it is easy to offer up my skin...what I give is a gift of love...use it to free yourself...or hide the skin and keep me as your own...either way there is happiness...either way there is love...

No comments:

Post a Comment