Friday, September 16, 2011

on another planet...

sometimes when i travel i feel as if i travel from planet to planet and not just from place to place...two days ago i got in my rocket and blasted off down the new jersey turnpike...8 hours or so later i landed in southern maryland...different kinds of birds sing to me in the mornings...i traded the seagulls and crows outside my window for the bluebirds and starlings...

my to do list has changed...adapting to what is needed for here...my gills begin drying out since the ocean is not within eyesight as before...but i take tubbies when i can to keep from making the selkie part of me become too lamentful...

but wherever i go...whatever planet i land on...i am at home within myself...though i must say i love my planet...it has a beautiful slow yawn of shoreline which occasionally roars when storms stir it up...the serenade of seagulls as i wake is comical but wakes me smiling...i miss my fellow humans i have come to know...the trees i have befriended are preparing to change into their fall colors...the sun begins now to fade sooner and a crisp breeze sends out mellower perfumes of tired leaves, blooming mums and carved pumpkins...

my planet will be there and so i will explore this one for a few weeks...no worries...gently sifting through the hours of early fall...happy...


laaaaa...a happy cardinal

No comments:

Post a Comment