Friday, September 2, 2011

morning headtrip...


my journey this morning took me back to my aunt's land...a deer was standing in the spent garden...i was at a window looking out...i was telling a woman standing by my side how the deer share the garden with us but then come october they will feel the loss of members of their clan and so we live together and honor them now...they know we will take a few of them and send their spirits on with gratitude and respect...and yet they never are angry...they never take more from our garden than a mouthful each if even that...they come through simply to see us and for us to see them...i explain this to the woman standing by me...

this is life i suppose...we come through it on our way to someplace else...taking just what we need...without gluttony and selfish intent...giving back what we have to give...with respect...honoring ourselves and the receiver of our offerings...trusting the path...

No comments:

Post a Comment