Wednesday, December 26, 2012

the happy seagull



 
another sunny day...feeling the cold in my bones but it is good to challenge your body with a walk in nature when cold comes calling upon us...ice beginning to form along the shoreline...i am eager to use this ice for art but not yet...the time will come soon enough...so i play with rocks and watch the seagulls sail along on water and sky...if i could be a seagull today i would...i love the way they glide along and the way they drop quahogs from the sky onto the rocks...smacking the shells open for the edible treasures inside...

~*~
 
sitting in the car now...warming up...i just let myself shapeshift and play with the seagulls...i was free of the cold...i was in the moment...fly...snatch up food from the water...feast...repeat...sit on a rock...wait............fly....glide...snatch up a quahog...hover...drop my prize...feast...give up half for the brown gull pushing its way in...back to the rock...i see a wave lift...small fish schooling...here comes more food...
 
and so it is...this day unfolding...finding my footing in this winter season after a year of searching for something which was in me all along...the light of my own sacredness...
 
i kept myself from the light...and i understand why...but i dont now...it is me...the real me...not this invented self pieced together from the hurt my mother and father gave me to carry early on in life...or the heavy judgement of others at times or the burdens i placed on myself from the weight of fear and self punishment...this is all done with...the light of the unseen took it all away...i am like the seagull today...finding my feast...gliding along the current of hours...i am the happy seagull...warmed by my full heart... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment