Monday, November 14, 2011

streaming...

i am more than a cage of bones...more than a collection of cells...i am beyond your eyes...beyond my day to day...beyond the nuts and bolts...outside the box and ahead of the parade...i am found in the stuff of stars...in the big bang YES...i am all at once and at the same instant never at all...i am the fire in the belly of the earth...i am the cold breath of a fallen soldier...i am the thin notes of an owl in the distance...i am the scream of a motherless infant ...i am the stone trapped in the wheel...i am the dance of feathers from a clean shot...i am the polluted mouth of a bigot...i am the undressing woman in the dark...i am the whispered french pressed against your heart...i am the broken hand of a fist to a mouth...i am the whistle of wind through a busted window pane...i am the lost doll washed into the gutter...i am the last firings of the poet's brain...i am the spark of inspiration a painter has at midnight...i am the first kiss you give me too many days from now to guess...i am the roar of snow ripping at a worn coat...i am the curl of a child's hand in her daddy's fat paw...i am the laughter of a crazy as she gazelle leaps through the mall...i am the drunk's tears rolling down his clenched face...i am the old dog's slow rise to meet the sun's warm spot on the front porch...i am the i love you that echoes through the hills as someone shouts it to herself...i am the me you dont see in everything tonight...i am the me you look away from tonight...i am the me you push aside tonight...i am the me i hold tonight...i am the me i love tonight...i am the me i have to be tonight...i love myself tonight...i am loved in the night...i am loving me tonight...i am me and you dont know me tonight...i am alone tonight...i am free tonight...i am shedding my cage of bones tonight...i am flying high tonight...i am at home in this world of everything tonight... i am even in you tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment