Wednesday, November 16, 2011

a mermaid writes a love poem...


i am the ecstatic dance of ocean against land...i am the poetry of water speaking in tongues...i am the reaching for you...i am the washing over you...the baptism of you into me...i am the mystery beneath the surface...sandcastles swoon and fall at my touch...seagulls worship me...the moon and sun rest upon me...stars kiss their light over me...so simply wade in...be braver than you have ever been...crash into me...run and leap and risk your life...i will hold you up...i will keep you safe...salty kisses and joy-charged tears await...the dolphins laughter will fill your ears...the whale song will heal your injured heart...i will give you a pearl ring and place a coral crown upon your head..and each new place we come ashore will be our home...for no matter where we are we are at home within each other... 

No comments:

Post a Comment