Sunday, November 13, 2011

i dreamed of ireland


last night i fell hard into sleep...i was in a cold place...a lonely place...there was wind and the hurling of my body across a dark starless sky...but gently i floated down...and my feet touched the shores of ireland...i love it there...have been there many times...at a moment when i need her most ireland brings me home to her...she tells me things and shows me things...the mist...the green...the ancient bits and pieces of who i was...who i am...who i will become...and so it was last night...

ireland is working loose the last parts of the burdens i chose to carry...she showed me how easy it is to surrender them...as easy as letting go of the weight upon my heart...to see it transform into feathers which are blown away...and so today i surrender...

and then this glorious teacher taught me how easy it is to be love...to accept it from others and to give it as well...she showed me a large oak that has cradled another in its large outcropping of roots...how it has grown to one side to make room for the other...and so it is what we do in life...we make room for more and more love...

and i have an ever expanding room for love to come in and to be returned with the same kindness...today i hope for everyone a more loving day...and to be a better lover to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment