Friday, September 14, 2012

the lake of my heart



this is a very sweet lake in maine where the story i have written is set...on the edge of the lake are some old hemlock trees...one especially captured my imagination and became a character in my story...this lake is watched over by loons kingfishers dragonflyers owls and mourning doves...many fish and the happiest tadpoles on earth stay busy dodging the loons and kingfishers....

i waded into her cool waters skinny dipping...i stood beside her and sang my prayers...i walked around her and i kayaked her...she is a part of me and i am a part of her...i feel her strength and hear her gentle music...i feel her misty caress and her soft brushing breeze through my hair...i adore her womanly curve of mountains and the sun who lifts up over her shoulder of trees and smiles across her all day...the moon teases her with shy affections and the stars delight in her and dance with her all night...

she is in my heart tonight...rocking me genty to sleep...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful place that you are connected to. Did you kayak in the nude as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah...too early in the morning...too cold and damp...and yes it is a very beautiful place...i can trust nature to feed my spirit without withholding or falsehood...i dont trust many humans to do the same any more...this lake feeds me with a feast of love and beauty..she is so pure and sacred... she made me feel pure and sacred for a time...i carry her with me and remember her all year long...

    ReplyDelete