Tuesday, August 7, 2012

the little bird who flew into my heart...

open my soul with your fine tuned song...the love comes in...each note carressing my heart...

draw close to this tired warrior...sing to me a gentle lullaby...

sleep will not reach for me...wrap me in your love and rock me into sleep...

i am weary...my head has no soft place to rest...i am in this darkness doing battle with my mind...it will not calm itself...

sing into me your good and true words...sing to me and i will know my way again...for i am lost and night has so many false roads to take...

open my soul up and pour into me...fill me up...spill me over...

i wish on stars...i wish for you...give this tired warrior a place now and then to rest her head...and a song to fall into...

oh songbird...sing me a lullaby...

No comments:

Post a Comment