Monday, June 10, 2013

dream-bucket list

been hanging out with my kid self more and more...i took her by the hand...wiped the tears away...gave her a big celebration of welcome home and am learning to losen up the tight places in me again...and when i did this i realized i have outgrown an old tired list...a bucket list...things i wanted to do before i die but it seems kinda silly to compete with a time limit i dont even know or care about...make a quilt, hike the appalachian trail, learn to swim....on and on...some i have done...some in my heart i know i wont bother with really...

so i quit my bucket list...been quiting things for months that no longer fit with my happiness...then i thought of another list...of fun big small things...ones that make life interesting...gets me revved up again after years of winding down or feeling like i had no dreams to replace the hacked to pieces dreams or ones who died in their sleep...

i wanted a vibrant list...full of snapping sparks...bubbling up with giggles...spilling over with joy...a dream bucket list...so i began my list this morning...some repeats from ones i already have done in life but worth repeating...others fresh out of my my brain bucket...here is some of my list...

1. bury a treasure chest of fun stuff and leave a map for a random stranger to find:)
2. rent a cotton candy machine...have a blast making cotton candy and giving it away...
3. artwork in a bottle thrown out into the ocean...
4. build a cardboard fort and play in it...
5. explore more parks and keep a travel log full of nature finds/writings/drawings...
6. pan for gold...
7. build a treehouse town...
8. make a fairie gazebo with working lights...
9. draw more with my non-dominant hand (left)

so this is a partial list...it is fun to come up with ideas and things i find i would really like to do...gonna be fun to play with this dream-bucket list and enjoy the adventures to come...


(an old left hand drawing i did years ago)


No comments:

Post a Comment