Tuesday, April 17, 2012

wings in the clouds...

quiet words whisper across the water...a faint ripple...a soft fade...sky of blackening blue...sky of stars pushing through the wide yawn of infinity...

i shift my weight and spread my wings...i fly from this place...another hard day tucked away...here is the night...my home...

nearly caught up in tangled branches...feeling the breath of spring blossoms against my neck...letting go of all i did believe in...i fly away...

no pain in these fold of hours...no suffering...no harm...just the trembling lights and the bit of moon shining to guide me home...

a promise of better days wait out of reach...i fly away...

and in the field below the mouse kneels to pray to her holy ghost...someone has to still believe even if i have lost my faith tonight...she prays and tucks herself into her nest...a tight fisted little body of fear now at rest... while i let go of more and more...emptied out of prayers...flooded with regrets...i fly to a loving home...

a last time i circle back and dip down fast...drag my wings over the steady gaze of the lake...swoop back up and twist around...final respects paid before i fly away...


~~~~~~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment