Wednesday, April 24, 2013

marriage equality in rhode island...wow...

marriage equality in rhode island today...when i read the headline i broke down and cried...happy for all those who will now walk down the aisle...for the families and the children who now have this to honor their love...i cried too as a whisper reached me from all those years ago when a gentle pair of eyes looked into mine and said "marry me"...and we did marry in our own way...a sweet ritual and loving words...she told me in the soft summer light of evening...with a voice as sweet as honey...she said "some day we will marry for real"...and i answered back "this is real for me"...but i know what she meant...and she would have married me...if we could have...the forever and ever with rights and with dignity...but for me we always had the dignity...janet baby i live in a state where we could have gotten married now...who knew i would live to see this day...i am so sorry you didnt...but you know i know we would have had one heck of a wedding...thank you for keeping me company in my heart tonight...i am so happy for everyone in this little state...it is a good and kind thing that has been done...

No comments:

Post a Comment