Friday, September 27, 2013

ziggy marley says it best...

 
 
 
 
 
"Life has come a long way since yesterday, I say
And it's not the same old thing over again, I say
Just do what you feel and don't you fool yourself, I say
'Cause I can't make you happy unless I am, I say, I say, I
Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself
Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself
Day in, day out I've asked many questions, I say
Only to find the truth, it never changes, I say
If you don't deal with it, it keeps killing you a little by little, I say
Call me selfish if you will, my life I alone can live, I say, I say, I
Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself in a way now
Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself
I don't care if it hurts, I'm tired of lies and all these games
I've reached a point in life, aey no longer can I be this way
Don't come crying to me, I too have shed my share of tears
I'm moving on, yes I'm grooving on, aey well I'm finally free
I've got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself in a way y'all
Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself, c'mon now
Got to be true, got to be true, got to be true to myself in a way y'all
Got to be true, got to be true, got to be true to myself"
 
 
never give up on yourself and never stop being yourself...
 
 
i have been an idiot for a long time now...made a fool out of myself for love again and again...stood up for justice and fairness but got hammered for it...havent stepped off my spiritual path for anyone...took less so others could have more...let myself be walked all over at times...lived in fear and lived with courage...i have had money and been flat broke...i worked long hours at jobs i hated and been unemployed...left abusive relationships and stayed in them for too long...i have lied to myself more than others...put up with too much BS...i have given away time to those not worthy of it while not giving time to good decent folks...i have hated myself often...but more than anything...more than all the good and the not good of my life i have always tried to stay hopeful...keep moving forward...keep healing...
 
tonight i got into the belly of the beast with it all...seeing through BS once again...understanding more about things than i wanted to know...unwilling to play by rules in a silly game constructed by ego...and i was feeling stupid...but then...i shifted my perspective...and stopped caring about the world and its bullshit...i dont care about anything other than my soul and my healing and my life tonight...
 
the rest is just not worth it...healing from my childhood and overcoming the pain of adulthood is all that matters tonight...i am getting there...and i know it...i know when i wake up tomorrow i am waking up to the truth...my truth...all of it...and i can take it...i can let go of the crap...hold close the goodness and live a better day than this...
 
i am excited...thrilled at this strength rising up in me...i have been this idiot who has screwed up in life and been screwed over...i am a human yet more...i am me...the me behind all of this...and damn it i sit here tonight in love with this stupid little life and all my human mess...that is a victory we should all know...to just say to hell with it...all the judging others do...all the demands and all the pressure to conform...
 
overcome...break free...be that one horse who kicks open the barn door and runs wild through the storm until you find the promised land of wide plains and tall skies...sweet grass to eat and cool spring water to fill you up...escape while you can...they want to nail the door shut...all those sheeple out there who want to pretend everything is ok just the way it is...let them stay imprisoned and trapped in the dark walls of that barn...fattened up and slaughtered! dont do it to yourself...dont stay there in that barn...dont give up...freedom is calling you out...
 
i AM that horse tonight...kicking free...running wild!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment