Wednesday, June 6, 2012

dragonfly's gift

i had a remarkable experience this morning...

i went outside to sit in the grass to say my morning prayers...i sat with my legs crossed and arms resting on my knees with the palms of my hands turned up...

as i began praying a huge dragonfly landed in my right hand...



what happened next was such a special sharing...

i was happy to share space with the beautiful creature...so i sat still and said my prayers silently and meditated...the dragonfly remained...i asked it a question...what would you like to do now?...journey came to my mind...so we did....

i shapeshifted into a dragonfly and off we went...high and low and over water...then to a quiet pond and lotus flowers...it was beautiful and peaceful...i asked him if he was there to guide me or give me a teaching...he said nothing...so i stayed a dragonfly and we kept on feeling this amazing way of flying together...it was fast and crossed alot of land and water...

finally i returned to my body and the dragonfly was still there...so i asked it if it would tell me why it was here with me this morning...i was deeply curious...a thought came to my mind...surrender...and so i did...i let myself relax and surrender to the moment...

its head pivoted...it looked up at me...i felt its energy grow...balance i thought it said to me...i was shown a dragonfly tat of amazing beauty and a gentle thought of accepting love and surrendering to who i am came with such a nurturing feeling...

i felt it had this deep knowing of who i am...i surrendered more and felt a balance within me...i felt a grace grow...i felt loved and accepted by all of nature...the dragonfly especially gave me a sense of unconditional acceptance and love...i felt the prayer of the unseen holding me again...i felt cherished...honestly it was so moving and the feelings of love kept expanding until the oneness i often feel came to me again...

dragonflys head shifted just slightly again...its large eyes looking at me and i suppose at everything...dragonflies have remarkable eyes that take in nearly everything from every angle...

it lifted its wings in a forward motion...i thought it was going to fly away now...but the most humbling thing happened next...i felt a surge in my hand...the hand which has been hurting for weeks now...a warm light sensation travelled up my arm and straight into my heart...i nearly choked as my heart fluttered...i took a sudden breath...as if i were taking my first breath again in life...

as i took this deep breath the dragonfly died...

and you think you are surprised to read this?...well i have to tell you i was stunned to experience this...overwhelmed in fact...and completely engulfed in a feeling of sacred grace...i have no words to match this moment...i can say it was intense and beautiful and yet no words hold the weight of what i experienced...

i have a deeply powerful guide now...one helping me on a journeying level deeper into my soulful thoughts...helping me see with amazing inward sight...

all through this day i felt more comfortable with life...more than i have since i was a teenager...i especially reconnect with the majickal summer as a teenager when i worked at a state park and was spending time with the streams and river there...drinking from a natural spring and camping off trail...i felt so free that summer...i feel this same freedom coming up in me today...

and as dragonfly revealed to me it is all just beginning...the most remarkable summer i will have since then has started today...my dragonfly summer of 2012!
as i held it for a few minutes longer after its passing i asked it what now and received messages...i asked if i could take a few pictures and was not only told yes but told i should keep its body and sketch it...do paintings...let the summer be filled with creativity...i took the pics yet felt odd in keeping dragonfly...yet soul leads me and i sensed it was ok...

there are still no words to express what i felt but i am feeling the awe and the grace of it still...i feel so blessed and very much awake to the love of the unseen and the flow of our comings and goings on this planet...my hand became a dragonfly's place of passing this morning...yet i became more alive in its giving of its last minutes to me...











No comments:

Post a Comment