Sunday, March 23, 2014

just more words...

the pen is my mighty sword...as shallow words march across the page i strike them down...

cold hard words come forward...i build a fire for them and let them warm up...they burn across the sky of my heart like a raging sunset fighting the goodbye of a perfect day...

i write to save my life...

i sometimes cry out my words so loudly the pen breaks under the weight of the burden...ink bleeding into my skin as i try to stop the hemorrhaging...

sometimes the words are so delicate...held out to you shyly...eager for you to read and also fearful you will ignore them again...so i put your name in the gentle curve of my most vulnerable words...i know you have picked through my journal before and stop to read a passage if you see your name...so i write about the first time i kissed you and tenderly surrender your name again and again in these lines of missing your lips...

your name drifts across my mind and onto the page...like jasmine blossoms pulsing their sweet perfume across the room...

your name is like a kiss left in the palm of my hand...

your name sits within a poem just so you will read those promises of forever and always...

but here it is...another journal full...too heavy to lift these dense words of loss...

words covered in dark clouds of tearful pain...words flowing slowly like a dying summer brook over mossy stones...words brittle and easily snapped in two...words falling off the page like a broken down actor...drunk and forgotten...words begging for attention...sitting alone...sobbing...gasping for air...

i pour out my words to you but you are lost to me now...my words do not attract you...i flip through this journal and let it slip into the bonfire...ending all these words with ho'oponopono...i am sorry, please forgive me, thank you, i love you...


No comments:

Post a Comment