Saturday, February 2, 2013

words trailing off into the distance

caught up in a rush of words tonight..
.
fast fingers frantic to get all of these words out and on the screen...

was writing in the flow...about a trip i took into the desert once...i was amazed i could write so much in two hours...

the memory fast tracking over boulders and along dry river beds...sweat pouring down me...throwing the backpack to the ground and then myself onto a shaded rock...its red surface soaking up my sweat...imprint left when i got up...

a chica chihuahua i named tippy greeted me back at the ranch with growls and a tail wag...

oh and i wrote about the guitar gal there who took my heart up into the stars when she played...called me darlin' and melted me with honey sweet smiles...she was one of those southern charmers i have a weakness in the knees for...

more typing and a tunnel of love where the moon was the door and we went in...coyote howling and a boot stompin two step...strawberry wine straight from the bottle...and more words...crashing like lightning that bites a tumbleweed on the run...

words and words and i am drunk on words...in love with words...all these words i have written in my life...or said...or read...billions it has to be...since the moment i came into this world with a cry and a coo...the first word stumbled upon...and someday curious to know what my last will be...i hope it is the simple string of words i mean every time i say them...i love you...you...my last thought and my last word...

favorite words...like configuration...rejoice...ginormous...slither...yes...

and i am easily amused at saying one word to create an avalanche of them...give me a word and i can build a story around it...for each word carries such weight...a single word is a seed and in the seed is an epic...

ah the word epic...doesnt it just make you want that word to tell you a story...

other words others have said...

my aunt and my mom have mangled words...mom yelling at me in the store to grab some "sheep dip" when she meant cheap dip...and there are a thousand more mangled words she has created over the span of her 72 years...

last year a word kept coming at me from different folks...the word aho...now it is used alot after someone says something important or someone says a prayer in groups i have gone to...but in my neck of the woods growing up it was a word that meant shut up...so every time someone says it for a cool way to say amen...well i want to giggle because they are telling the person who just prayed to shut up...aho...hold your tongue...

look at all these words i just rambled on about because i was excited about writing words for the last couple of hours...but i love them you see...i love words...i would miss them if they went away...some folks are hoping we will go scifi telepathic but not me...i hope we never let go of our words...guess i will be the last one to ever say aho...

No comments:

Post a Comment