Tuesday, January 24, 2012

i walk this path into the green


i walk my path...a green path...sepia pools....dappling blue coming through the crowd of leaves...cedars rising up from mossy mounds...step off the path and the swamp pulls me down and gets me stuck knee deep...so i stay on the path...sometimes easily marked...a walkway and safe footing...other times unsure footing and more focus needed to stay on track...

i walk this path...of being an artist...of being a believer in love and kindness and compassion...i walk my green path the best i can...though sometimes i fail...i fail to be kind enough...i fail to be compassionate enough...i fail to understand another's viewpoint...i fail to listen...i fall short and yet my heart feels it...and aches to do better...to remove suffering from myself and to not create it in this beautiful world...i seek to do right...

i hope to have an easier walk as i grow older on this green path i am committed to walking...


No comments:

Post a Comment